In case of loosing the original configuration file or an other emergency case you are able to decrypt your uploaded .mof configurations.
What you need for this is:
- Your encrypted configuration (downloaded from XOAP)
- Certificate for decryption
- Password for decryption
- Decrypt script (Decrypt.ps1)
Download files for decryption
All of the above can be downloaded from the config.XO configurations area in XOAP:
Download decryption files contains all the files mentioned above. Now you just need to download your encrypted configuration.
In this example we put all the files needed into the path: C:\temp\Decrypt Configuration:
- Open PowerShell and call the Decrypt.ps1 script
- Enter the parameters: CertificateFilePath, EncryptedFilePath, OutputFilePath
.\Decrypt.ps1 -CertificatePath "C:\temp\Decrypt Configuration\cert.pfx" -EncryptedFilePath "C:\temp\Decrypt Configuration\Baseline20H2W10.mof" -OutputFilePath "C:\temp\Decrypt Configuration\Decrypted.mof"