The size of the storage you need for the backend infrastructure is highly dependend on the following factors:
- data you gather per day per client/server
- amount of days you want to access and store the data
- amount of data nodes that are deployed for your account
- number of replica nodes you want to spread your data
- number of indexes you want to create
The smallest backend implementation starts with three nodes and is then always upscaled by three additional nodes when needed.
Warm storage can be used for long term storage of data.
Backup data storage is available in a separated region.
You can start small and scale up whenever you need it.