The size of the storage you need for the backend infrastructure is highly dependend on a few factors:
- the data you gather per day per client/server
- the amount of days you want to access and store the data
- the amount of data nodes that are deployed for your account
- the number of replica nodes you want to spread your data
- the number of indexes you want to create
The smallest backend implementation start with three nodes and is then always upscaled by three additional nodes when needed.
Warm storage can be used for long term storage of data
Backup data storage is available in a separated region.
You can start small and scale up whenever you need it.